Mission and Goal of Deaf Pilots Association, Inc.
The mission of the Deaf Pilots Association, Inc. is to provide knowledge and resources to deaf and hard of hearing people interested in becoming pilots, as well as educating the general population, especially the aviation industry, throughout the nation and world.
- Share DPA’s experiences with other student pilots or certified deaf pilots alike.
- Helps deaf and hard of hearing students to get proper medical certificate documentation.
- Educate flight schools and flight instructors about the rights of deaf people in aviation.
- Assist flight instructors to find acceptable options of communication with deaf and hard of hearing students and license pilots.
- Support is not limited to student pilots or certified pilots, but extends to provide resources for expanding aviation-oriented career, i.e. aviation maintenance, crop-dusting, etc.